Education websites reviewed here are listed on LearningReviews, a directory of more than 2,900 mostly free K-12 educational websites, rated and reviewed by teachers, parents and students.

9/13/2009

Best Lesson Planning Websites

Webquest.orgHere is a treasury of 12 of the best free lesson planning websites out there - a list I wish I'd had when I started teaching. When I started out, I had a devil of a time finding lesson plans online. There were a few plans on school websites, district websites, and state sites - but not much else. The last five years, though, have seen an explosion of sites that provide free lesson plans in academic subjects, technology, business, life skills, workplace skills, etc.

These are sites I've recommended to other teachers and homeschooling parents in the last few years. Together, they comprise a library of a couple hundred thousand lesson plans. There are sites that help you to collaborate and sites to help you construct your own lesson plans and presentations. Many of them help you to assemble your own personal library of resources.

I've mentioned a few of them in previous posts but here is a partial list of my K12 Top 12 in no particular order:

1. Thinkfinity - an award-winning portal to some of the best-written lessons on the web.
2. Curriki - a collaborative lesson-planning site, with the best plans reviewed and rate by teachers.
3. PBL Online - project-based learning plans and guidance on creating your own.
4. WebQuest.org - the largest database of WebQuests out there with guidance on creating your own.
5. TeachersFirst - lessons and resources that integrate technology

For the entire listing and complete reviews, see my Squidoo lens, K12 Top Lesson Plans Websites.

No comments: